HISTORY AND PRESENTATION
The library of the National Polytechnic School has existed since the creation of the school in 1925. It preserves important collections of old funds of great rarity, it was in furnished premises.
In December 2005, she was moved to the new building. The old library is transformed into an annex and reserve library. Its users are mainly students of preparatory classes; redeveloped in 2019, with a capacity of 80 places. In addition to its books, it has a large collection of 791 journals (closed collections).
The new library covers an area of 1088 m2 with three levels and includes two reading rooms; the first with a capacity of 300 places, the second with 90 places reserved for consultation of theses and dissertations, a media library and meeting room.
The school library provides the university community with documentary collections (printed and electronic) necessary for training and research.
In 2012, The Library launched a project to digitize the school’s scientific output; project piloted and carried out by librarians. Currently the collection of theses and dissertations defended at the school is available in full text.
The Library has always thought about the sustained development of its collections and the satisfaction of its users by offering them new services.
Its mission is:
- Our main mission is to meet the specific needs of the university community by making documentation quickly available and easy to access.
- Conservation and enhancement of collections.
- Enrichment and development of collections, especially digital ones.
- Collaboration with the various national operators such as PNST, CCDZ …